Hi there marketing pro! Cantabile—the most fun, welcoming, and well-fed choir in all of Colorado (you’ll find out what we mean…)—is looking to hire someone to support our marketing for the 2021-2022 season.
After a year+ of not being able to sing together we are excited to pick up where we left off. We need you to help us tell our story!
Before we get down to brass tacks, note that beyond skills and experience we are mainly looking for someone with a positive attitude who is excited to bring their ideas and creative juices to the table. We think this will be a great opportunity for the growing professional to flex their marketing muscles and help move the needle for an eager organization. So without further ado…
Cantabile, a local community choir based in Boulder, Colorado, seeks a contract Marketing Professional to support its promotional and communications efforts for the 2021-2022 concert season. The position is a year long commitment (while noting that it ebbs and flows with the concert season) to ensure a consistent presence. Experience working with arts non-profit organizations is desired but not required.
While this job description is written to give you a sense of what this role may entail, the exact responsibilities will ultimately be tailored to the person we hire. If your skills are close to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
You will work closely with the Artistic Director, Brian Stone, and report to the Board. You will receive additional support and guidance from the Marketing Committee. Read here to learn more about Cantabile.
- Ability to create a marketing plan and schedule for implementation
- Ability to manage a budget
- Ability to adhere to the established core messaging and brand aesthetic of Cantabile
- Graphic design
- Experience using Canva and carrying out Cantabile’s brand aesthetic throughout designed materials
- Experience with graphics printing and preparing graphics for a variety of needs
- Social Media content creation and publishing
- Email Marketing (MailChimp experience preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience with ticketing platforms (preferred but not required)
- Experience using WordPress for content updates (preferred but not required)
- Excellent grammar/copy editing skills
- Excellent communication/organization skills
- Ability to execute tasks accurately and on time
- Concert Design: Develop concert design concepts (working together with artistic director) and develop visual assets (web JPEGs, poster designs, social media posts, etc)
- Email marketing: Create and send choir email campaigns via MailChimp (6-12/year)
- Social Media: 4 unique posts/month (focus on concert communications, stories about members, other behind the scenes news)
- Print Ad Design: Design print ads for concert advertisement
- Web Calendar Placements (i.e. CPR, online newspapers, etc.)
- Update website and social media accounts with new event information and link to ticketing platform
- Program Design: Design booklet with concert program and print them in time for concerts
- Send monthly reports to the Board in advance of board meetings
- Attend monthly board meetings for brief updates (20-30 minutes)
- Project Management: Communicate with artistic director (board and other members of Cantabile) to gather programming information and any other needed content for marketing and publishing benchmarks
- $25 – $35/hour
- Comp tickets to concerts
Estimated commitment of 12-16 hours of work per month.
Timeline and How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by July 30. In your cover letter, feel free to 1) highlight some of the skills or experience you think will be relevant to this position and 2) why you are interested in the position.
Interviews will be conducted the second week of August and a finalist will be selected no later than August 20.
Cantabile’s season begins at the end of August.